- Drop JavaFX and Swing (though I like Swing a lot in certain ways). Move to SWT.
- Drop NetBeans (despite the nice progress they've made). Centralize on Eclipse.
- Provide a C/C++ to JVM compiler and perhaps so2jar and dll2jar tools.
- Provide jar2swf and swf2jar tools, and contribute to an existing or new open-source Flash player (now that the spec is open, right?).
- Also support GWT big time.
I know enough to understand that many folks inside and outside of Sun would scream a lot if some of these directions were taken. I also don't know what's best for Sun as a company, but gradually losing mind share for Java probably doesn't help them any. Not that I know the stats.
Just some thoughts here, and I could be wrong.